For Christians..

If you love Jesus so much, why do you lways make an excuse not to do things like he did, for example, you dont pray like Jesus, eat like Jesus did?

Seem pretty clear to me you dont follow Jesus but a man named paul, who had no authority to change Gods lie, and dont give me the crap that pual had a vision.

Satan is deceiving and of course will tell you to do against what a rightious man would tell you to do.

WWJD? Not eat pork, Not be lazy in prayer, not set up gods to worship alongside God like you do.

He was right to call you hypocrites, and in fact he came for the lost sheep, you but you refuse to hear him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Wow...is someone having a pissy day?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• you are obviously an atheist with a grudge....
    Anonymous

• Umm....anon, any self respecting atheist would not have written this, since we don't believe in Satan or God...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This to me is not even something worth answering. You are having a bad day.
    Anonymous

• IDK if OP is an atheist, or just a hater in general, but I do know she lacks proper grammar and spelling.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yeah, Jesus grew a beard too, but I'm not about to stop waxing my upper lip. Sometimes it really is about the spirit of the law, not the letter.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Seem pretty clear to me you dont follow Jesus but a man named paul

--

While I agree with you on this ^^^ part, I'm not sure this is the best way to get your point across. I find many discrepancies between what Paul says about Jesus and what Jesus taught, but everyone has a right to interpret these verses in ways that make sense to them. As a former Christian who practices Buddhism now, I have gone back to Jesus' teachings and find much value in many of them, but I have personally rejected Pauline Christianity. I still respect the right of others to follow other forms of Christianity even if it's not how I interpret the text myself. I do think it's more important to follow Jesus' life than to follow Paul, but that's just my opinions. Others have their own opinions on the matter.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• "WWJD? Not eat pork, Not be lazy in prayer, not set up gods to worship alongside God like you do."

Actually I think Jesus would hold all of us in his arms of love and grace us with his inner light and goodness. I think Jesus would forgive any and all people who hold such judgements and anger as you do....and show you what true peace can feel like. So much so, that it would pour out of you as it did him. When you are filled with such inner love, light and peace as he....you can only incite people to want to follow the same path.

BTW, I am an atheist.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• As a christian i pray to God! And i dont worship idols and i dont eat pork nor drink.the passage you are reffering to is about the sadduces that did things as a richual and to be seen like they fasted just to be seen and not for seeking God faith
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• *snort*

Someone is PMSing. OP- I may agree with some of your points, but you need to stop answering your question Anon :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011