How much did you spend on your wedding?

I am trying to plan a wedding in the near future but plan on doing it all myself . I am VERYYYY handy and come from a make-it-happen type of family so im pretty sure i can do the decorations , dress finishing touches, and other type of little things.

Tell me how much you spent on a good- beautiful wedding while staying on a small budget?
ALSO what little tricks did you do?

motherof3tome

Asked by motherof3tome at 6:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I think around 2500. We rented a city building so it costs less than a catering hall. The place allowed us to bring in our own food which was a huge savings.
    our cake is what my SIL is still mad about, they paid 900 for a big white cake they didn't really like, and we paid about 80 for a custom made highly decorated cake. We used someone that worked out of her house. If you want someone like that I'd contact a shop that gives decorating classes and see if they have any cards for people.

my dress was from a consignment shop, only worn once and I didn't mind a bit.
    the decorations were done by a family member, people still don't believe that because they looked so nice. They were made from ribbon, candles, craft foam and craft moss.
    we rented a big stereo system to play the music,
    we used my brother's jaguar, and we had a grooms cake. We lived where there was a cake factory and they sold 'mistake cakes' a cont
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• $75 lol JOTP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• less than 1000
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• just buy things cheap and things that are on sale.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I spent $400 on the whole wedding to include dress and etc.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• it was 600 on the ceremoney, 500 on the dress and "tux" and about 300 on three rooms for three nights at a hotel for us and family.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• $2000 total. That included the dresses, tuxes, d.j., food, decorations, favors, invitations, hotel suite for the wedding night. We didn't have to pay for our singers, pianist, organist, venues, or officiant.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My dad spent 5K on it. I wish we would just went to the courthouse.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Our wedding was very small and we didn't have a reception. I have no idea what it cost because my mom and dad paid for it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• About $25 on the marriage certificate.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011