What do you do with your grease???

I feel silly asking this but wanted to know where you ladies pour your grease when cooking?

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• In an empty can, then in the freezer, until it is frozen, then to the trash.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i save all my empty cans of baby formula and pour it in there. then toss them
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• In an old soup can until it is hard and full and then I toss that in the garbage the next time it goes out.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Toss it in the garbage when it is cooled.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I dump it outside. We have this spot between our sidewalk and garage in our backyard that is about 6 inches by 3 inches ( no clue why it's there but whatever) and nothing will ever grow there, so I decided, why not? It works for us.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• pop cans are so thin these days that I cut off the top with a good knife then pour the grease in the can, when it turns solid I toss it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't use grease or oil really. I use maybe 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil at most once a week and then I just rinse it down the drain with really hot + soapy water. Mostly though, we bake, grill or use the slow cooker for everything. I haven't bought a container of oil in seriously over a year!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't really ever have grease.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Pour it in the yard
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

That's not really a good idea, since it can contaminate the aquifir.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011