for the past 4 years I have taken my adult sister out for dinner on her bd. for the past two years she forgets me on my bd

she says Oh, we will take you out soon and soon never comes. Two years in a row. We are not kids, grown women. I think this summer I will just "Forget" about her bd too.

lakenheath

Asked by lakenheath at 6:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, but you sound childish. If you love her and take her out for the purpose of celebrating her b-day why should it matter if she takes you too?
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 6:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Aw, sad.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You are not obligated to remember her birthday every year in the exact same way. So if you choose to skip a year, she should understand since she has skipped two years now on your birthday.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i actually agree with you on this one, you would think even if she fell on hard times she would make you a dinner or something.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• you're not childish..you're just wishing your sister thought as much about you as you do her. i've had the same experience..and i tell ya, when you decide to forget her birthday a few years, it gets easier to not wonder if she'll remember yours.
    the past two years, my both my sisters have 'had something suddenly come up' on my birthday..even when i had traveled back to their town specifically to celebrate with the family. it hurts to realize they no longer consider your birthday as a special day..especially when all they are doing is going to ANOTHER friend's birthday celebration, babysitting for a friend, or going to a friend's kid's ballgame.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• At least it's your sister andnot your Mom. Welcome to my world.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's never any fun when someone you care for.. and do a lot for forgets about your birthday.. but doing things for others shouldn't be something you do in order to get something in return.. but i do agree that its crappy that she forgets.. Sorry :(
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 6:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• she has not fallen on "Hard times" she lives 45 min. away and only sees me on holidays. she just isn't into being close. I have tried for years. Not happening and it's been all me . Nothing in return
    lakenheath

Comment by lakenheath (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with you. Time for you to forget too. See how she likes it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• very catty!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011