I'm freaking out!

I have a sono at 1:00 this afternoon. I'm 19 weeks and I'm freaking out! I'm afraid that he/she won't show us his gender but most of all I'm terrified that it will be a mutant! Like have no arms or legs or have some other terrible anomaly! I know I know I'm aweful! But I don't feel or look pregnant. What if something is wrong? Someone help me calm my nerves!

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you have hips that are a little wider you wont look preg like women who have small hips. Im not a big person but my hips are a little wider and i didnt look preg i just looked fat, so dont worry. everyone carries differently.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Lol relax. youll stress the baby.
    The baby will be fine. My baby didnt want to open his legs and it scared me. But my sonographer was patient and kept trying. She tapped the baby and eventually he opened his legs and we saw he was a boy.
    When you see your baby on the screen it will hit you that there is a little something inside you. Im not the gushy type and i had a smile on my face just watching him and I didnt even notice I was grinning, the sonographer thought she was tickling me.
    Once the baby kicks harder and more often you will feel more connected, you still have 21 weeks to go, you'll connect with the baby. If not during pregnancy, once you hold it you will.
    Nothing is wrong, you're just unsure.
    Get your mind off the appointment. Relax and itll be great. Good luck and congrats!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was 19 weeks when I had my U/S and "it" was being stubborn so she poked the heck out of my belly until "it" moved and then.........."IT" was a BOY!! so happy anyways everythings fine it has arms and legs and itty bitty fingers and T-toes lol!!!! I've got less then 2 weeks!!! GOOD LUCK!! I know it feels like forever but trust me it does it get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There are worse things than not finding out the sex, so put that fear out of your mind., As for the other stuff, the chances of having something weird growing in you are extremely rare, and would it really matter anyway? Would you want your baby any less? It's YOUR baby, YOUR little someone to love. Just look forward to getting to see that little profile, and maybe even count fingers and toes!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008