Are you ok with sex ed being taught in schools or do you think that is the parent's responsibility ?

teacher

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh, I think it's the parents responsibility, but since there are many that don't do it, the schools are picking up the slack.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think ultimately, it definitely is the parents' responsibility. However, I DO believe it should be taught in schools too, because a lot of parents just don't teach their kids what they need to know...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think it should be covered in schools and at home.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i think both. and i think it should start (at least, academically) by the 4th grade, or younger, if the demographics call for it. (i know that sounds bad, but....)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• IMO it should be offered in school w/ the parents option to have their child not participate... like a permission slip.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I believe both. But in Virginia, sex ed is made up of movies and worksheets handed out by the football or wrestling coach in PE. They are not usually equipped or want to handle such an important topic.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Parents, but like previously stated, parents don't often do their jobs so someone needs to teach the kids
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 7:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well I think it is the parents placer t to teach their children but Yes I think it should be taught in schools cause their are some parents out there who won't teach their kids about it.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 7:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ok for it to be taught in school and the parents responsiblity to stay involved with their children

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It would be GREAT if parents gave their kids correct, appropriate, accurate information BEFORE the became sexually active- but they don't. Therefore the state must step in. I wish they would do more.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011