Glucose Test...

How did you feel during your glucose test? My first pregnancy I felt AWFUL and thought I might actually pass out and to my surprise, I passed my glucose test. So today I did my second one and didn't feel that bad! It has me a little wierded out because I remember how bad I felt the first time I did it. I hope I passed! I love sweets WAY too much. I am curious, if you didn't pass the first glucose screening, how did you feel?

Blakesmommy0907

Asked by Blakesmommy0907 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• with all that said...every pregnancy is different so maybe the last one didnt respond well to the sugar dose but your body was able to absorb it the right way..this time this baby may be able to handle it a lot better but i think you are gonna be fine cuz if you were gonna fail the test i dont see how you could feel good during it at all..good luck
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I passed mine, but it made me feel a little nauseas towards the end. I eat wayyyy too many sweets
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I passed my first one. It was the worst feeling ever though. I thought I was okay but when we was pulling away from the doctors office and I started shaking so bad and almost passed out. If we have any more kids I am not looking forward to taking it again. But the doctor said that since my appointment was later in the day, I probably would get hit pretty hard once I took the drink.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 7:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I felt fine until about 30 minutes after I was done...then i felt like i was about to faint.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well i failed it miserably...i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and now have to be on a strict food diet and insulin shots twice a day...its hardest at first when you get told you failed cuz it feels like you did it to yourself and your baby..however during the test i felt like i was on a sugar high..i did the 3 hour and not the one hour..so after the first hour i felt lightheaded and high then the second hour i felt like i just came down and could pass out from it..the third hour i got really thirsty and wanted a lot of water which now i know is when my sugar is way too high to begin with..my levels got up to over 200 during the test so thats why i felt so faint..i was practically almost going into diabetic shock...honestly if you love sweets that doesnt mean you are going to fail i personally dont eat and didnt eat a lot of sweets..sugar is in carbs fruit some veggies pasta...not just in cookies candy and cake
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I didn't/don't have to get one unless I show signs. (weight gain, spilling sugar, etc) I don't want to put that crap in my body if I don't have to. LOL :)
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• That is weird that you brought that up because I felt weird after I drank mine as well. Kind of light headed and dizzy. I passed mine yesterday. It didn't taste as bad as I remember either.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It makes me throw up so bad that I can't do it any more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011