Would you attend your friend's wedding if she admits that he still beats her ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• the last thing your friend needs is to be abandoned by you. Just be there for her
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Wow... I'd try REALLY hard to convince my friend not to marry somebody like that. But if she's determined to go through with it, no, I wouldn't go. There's just no way I could endorse a thing like that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I understand where others are coming from when they say the friend needs support but I have a different perspective. I would not turn my back on this friend she would always know my door is open to her if she needed to talk but that does not mean i would support that decision with my presence at her wedding. I could not in good conscious be apart of it. I don't feel that going along with a friend while they are doing something to endanger themselves makes you a supportive friend. So many women have justified the abuse with "he just hits me sometimes it's no big deal" and then turn up dead.

kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Your friend needs your love and support. First you should take her to lunch and talk to her let her know she can find someone better for her and she can be safe she doesn't have to put up with being abused. If he is threatening her into getting married and she is affraid of what would happen tell her she can get protection. What state do you live in ? I would check and see if they have a someone either in law enforcement or from a shelter that can talk to her about this.She doesn't need to listen or put up with what he is doing to her . It is not right and no one desrves to be abused
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 7:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No I would not feel comfortable being there, knowing its already not a happy situation

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• YES- i would go b/c i know that would be the time she needed me the Most- but....... i would do every thing i could to try & convince her not to go through with it before the wedding!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd go..and beat the living hell outta him in his dressing room..then i'd drag his body to a river..tied to the back of a car.

..on a serious not (not that i am NOT serious about murdering any man who lays his hands on a friend of mine)..I'd go to support her..and I'd talk to her and try to understand why ni the hell she'd want to marry him still. and try and convince her to get out now
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• it's a little known fact but by attending a wedding, you are actually saying that you approve of the marriage and that you will hold the couple accountable to their vows. I would not go, because you know from the start that he is not going to honor his vows and you also know that he's not going to give one holy hoot whether you try to hold him accountable or not. So, no, I would not go, and I would say exactly why I would not be there.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• NOPE!!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011