Gift basket business

I want to start my own gift basket business and I have no idea where to start. Can someone please help me?

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 7:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• It all depends onyour funds. What are your baskets geared towards? Anyone? IF you have our ideas and are ready then start talking to local business owners and get some ads in teh papers and church bulletins
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• you can do research on line or go to your local library and get books on starting your own Buisness.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 7:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• sorry for my typing lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Facebook helps too!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Start with making 3 or 4 baskets, take them to your local banks and see if they would mind if you started a drawing for someone to win it for free. Make sure in the inside you have your flyer and a business card. A lot of times you will find that the smaller mom's and pop's will let you set them up. Also try it at a local restaurant. The hardest thing is your advertisement and "selling" your work. When you make up your flyers (for your special or signature baskets, only something you do, hand them out everywhere, including leaving them with businesses and even at laundromats) Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Etsy, and Ebay are all great places to promote your business. Also check into starting your own website. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thanks for the help anyone. If you think of anything else please let me know.
    CharityTipton

Comment by CharityTipton (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011