Whats a good child care rate?

I have a 9 month old and a 2 year old. I will be getting child care 4 hours 2 days a week. There is a lady across the street who watches children. Mainly school aged, but she does have a 1 year old in the afternoon. She is charging $45 for the week total for both kids, for the total of 8 hours. They have never been in child care, so I don't really know if this is a good price or not.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 7:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would take that rate :) but be careful who watches your kiddos haha.. back in SD the rate for part time was $85 pt time unless u found a friend to watch ur kids and $100 full time for registered daycares but you could get assistance for them lol
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It really depends on the state/area you live in, too.... My 2 1/2 year old is in daycare full time, and I pay $200/week, which for my area (SF Bay Area) is a really good deal. Once I have my second, she's going to charge me $300/week for both.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes i would as long as she is at least cpr/first aide certified. I work at a daycare and its $16 dollars a day
    AMCNUTT09

Answer by AMCNUTT09 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can see other rates for your area by looking at care.com and sittercity.com to get an idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• That is a good rate I would find out though if when they are there will meals be provided or are you going to have to provide. Also what kind of activities will she be doing with them
    STKsMomma

Answer by STKsMomma at 9:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I do not think I would trust someone who charged that rate for two young ones, especially a baby & a toddler. How many other children is she watching at the same time. Look up your state guidlines and make sure she is following them all. She should be have CPR & First Aid as well as have a background check,etc.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• So about $2.50 per kid per hour...I pay so much more that I don't want to even talk about, but if the place checks out and you feel comfortable I think its a pretty good deal just about anywhere.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2011