Do you prefer check out your own groceries or have the cashier do it ?

shopping

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• If I just have a few items I'll do it but the self checkout is so touchy and usually end up having to have the cashier come over anyways.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I like to go to a cashier, I almost always screw up the self check thing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't mind the cashier doing it. But lately I have hated how the baggers bag my groceries.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I prefer self check out when I have a few items.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Whatever line is shorter, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I prefer the self checkout, but they are always sooooo slow, that unless I have just a couple of things, I go through the regular line.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 8:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The cashier does it but I check the receipt carefully before I leave the store .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• cashier, I feel like I'm saving their jobs. and it s actually faster, esp. if I have coupons, a rewards card, and she'll bag it for me.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I used to not care but after my last trip to the grocery store, I'm going to try to head to a cashier every time. She gave me credit for coupons that she really shouldn't have, told me I can use my dominik's card at Jewel and still get the prefered discount, and of course, the kool-aid packets didn't trip up the sensor like they do at the self checkout.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I usually like to do it myself. I bring my own bags and I like to have frozens items all together,etc. I do not think cashier's are trained to bag groceries anymore. Use to be they has baggers now they have cashiers doing both jobs and they do not seem to concerned about how they bag them. Probably because they are suppose to get customers out of the store as quickly as possible!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011