Spinn: Has anyone ever objected at a wedding or witnessed someone else objecting?

Think that would be pretty horrible and humorous at the same time becase Ive only seen it on tv.

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, at my cousin's wedding, when the minister asked if anyone objected a baby in the back of the church started crying and everyone laughed. Not really what you were asking, but funny nonetheless...
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No but my dad hollered. "No take backs" when we finished the I do's
    Anonymous

• a long time ago I married a guy. at the wedding there was a horrible storm and lightning struck the church several times. The fire alarm went off over and over and the power was out. The priest asked me "are you sure you want to do this?" ... I have to say I wanted to say "no" but instead I said "yeah" and we finished it. Three months later the guy turned out to be a pedophile :( I wish I had listened to the priest.
    Anonymous

• OMG..we were at a shipmates wedding back in the late 80's He was getting remarried and everyone was told to keep the location hush hush. Well, guess who stormed in halfway through the ceremony. His EX. Hollering, screaming, cursing, carrying on. She jumped on the bride and then the groom jumped on her. It was awful. It took FIVE grown men to get her outside. Then she was arrested. It was really quite scary. My husband pushed me behind him and we went out a side door. We were afraid someone was going to pull a gun or something. I do NOT want to be there again.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Haha I agree
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• @anon the priest and GOD.. Those were definitely signs from above to RUNNNNN! lol.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Shrek :)  But no, not in real life.  Although there's been a few times when the silence spoke volumes.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No but at my wedding when the JP asked if anyone objected everyone in the church turned to look at my FIL at the same time.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 8:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• no i asked the Preacher to leave it out. i was lucky to i guess i found out the first time i got married ( maybe i was not lucky lol) i had to ex boyfriends looking for the wedding to stop it and declare their undying love. I divorced the butthead a few years later. but one of those guys is now my husband he said if only he would have known where it was being held he would of objected with or without them asking.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Nope.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011