Should I get my vacuum repaired for $90 or trade it in for a new one for $280?

That's the options the repair place gave me, and OF COURSE, they're vacuum's are "better" and won't risk having the same problem again because of my vacuum's poor design.

Or should I make do with the one we have that doesn't have a turning brush and hold out for a used one or a cheaper one?

What would you do? What kind do you have, do you like it, and what did you pay for it?

Thanks!

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 7:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would buy a new one.

Answer by louise2 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I went to walmart and got one for 50 bucks...I dont understand why people spend so much on them....no offence...i just dont get it.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would just pay to get the old one fixed and then comparison shop at different stores to see if you can find a better deal somewhere else.
    Mstatu

Answer by Mstatu at 7:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• P.S. Our vacuum is a Hoover "Savvy" which has a wiring problem that keeps the wheel from turning. Repairman says it's a poor design, lalala... We also have a shop-vac we can use in the meantime if we have to, but I don't want to have to get down on my hands and knees to vacuum for the rest of my life!
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Wait, get it fixed AND get a new one? Nooooooo.
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am at the same cross rds with mine...bottom line is besides the wheel issue I am having now, Its been a great vacuum! So I am just going to get it repaired!! My mom is jumping down my back to just buy a new one! But I have other things that are higher up on my priority list!! Sooooo Fixing it, is what we decided!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a Dyson & I LOVE IT! (If it's possible to have love for a sweeper-lol) I would recommend a Dyson & so would my friends who have one too. They even come w/ a 5 yr. warranty. Go for it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a Dyson and it is super.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Repair it.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 8:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have an Electrolux & it's going strong for 18 years!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011