How can you tell if your infant has an erectile disorder?

I have 2 boys. My oldest is 22 months and since birth he wakes up in the morning, after nap, and when he's got to pee with an erection. My 5 month old on the other hand, has never had an erection that anyone's seen anyways! Any advice on whether or not to worry? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• everytime my son has to pee bad he has one. i think some kids hold their pee in longer than others and that is what causes it.Some Grown men do the same thing. i wouldnt worry at all.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have 3 boys and they are like your son. I think you need to google erectile dysfunction. I dont think boys can even have it until they reach puberty can they?
    Anonymous

• Supposedly, boys have their first erection in the womb. My 22 month has always gotten erections for various reason. My 5 mo. old never has had one
    CCLytell

Answer by CCLytell at 12:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have 2 boys also. My first seemed to be hard all the time lol. My little one, we never saw him with an erection. I began to wonder the same thing. He is 2 1/2 now, and we no longer wonder this lol. I wouldn't worry. Your probably just not seeing them.
    Anonymous

• This really doesnt seem like a concern for boys so young. You could call your dr. but I bet they wonder why you are worried about it.
    Anonymous