So what do you think about all of Clinton's former cabinet members/staff coming to work for Obama?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/19/transition.wrap/

More than half of the people named so far to Obama's transition or staff posts have ties to former President Bill Clinton's administration.

The Clinton-heavy team... IS THIS REALLY CHANGE? If so, how do you see it as change? I thought Obama said this country was failed by "decades of poor politics"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm disappointed. I didn't vote for him because I didn't believe the "change" hype or I was worried that the "changes" would be for the worse. I had hoped I was wrong. So far, it looks like I wasn't.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think it proves he doesnt plan to change anything. He just used Hope & Change to get voters. they were Hoodwinked.
    Anonymous

• Now 32 out of 41 Administration appointments are from the Clinton Administration! The administration that is full of folks that are only out for theirselves, their OWN desires and agenda. NOT CHANGE AT ALL....look forward to change is ONLY reinstating the past!! HA....YOU ALL GOT FOOLED!! Add to the fact that he wants Hillary to be Secretary of State, who do you honestly think these people are going to be loyal to, second to themselves??........EXACTLY....Hillary!! NOT Obama!! Geesh, just proves this Obama has NO clue and VERY poor judgement!! As his past shows!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well, I think most of the people that voted for Obama probably would have voted for Hillary had she got the nomination. It doesn't surprise me, as he has very little executing experience and will need people who know the jobs they will be doing. It's no change though. Just from Bush, back to Clinton. Come on, we all know she should have gotten the nomination.
    Anonymous

• I think it is a wise choice for someone who has been criticized for not having a lot of experience. If I were starting a new job, I would want people who had worked for the company, preferably in the same department, to help me learn the procedures and routines of the job. Obama will still be calling the shots, but he is smart to use other people's experience.

What will you say against him regarding his inclusion of people who have serious disagreements with him on policy? He wants to hear all sides of an issue, not just inhabit an "echo chamber" of people who agree with him all the time. It reminds me of when Bush was first elected, and claimed to be a "uniter, not a divider." Those were just words, as we quickly saw. I have high hopes that Obama will fulfill what Bush claimed.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 1:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think Obama is making great choises. Even H.Kissinger said H.Clinton is a great choise for Sec. of State.
    Anonymous

• i love his choices...especially Eric Holden!!! He is doing fine.
    Anonymous

• For someone who used the "CHANGE" buzz word against Hillary in the Primaries as well as his campaign after the DNC, I think he is surrounding himself with the SAME old Washington Politicians and that isn't showing true CHANGE, in my opinion. He pledged to bring (his words) "Fundamental Change" to Washington.
    Fundamental change to me, isn't using the same staff the President of his respective party used during is Presidency.
    HIS CHANGE seems an awful lot like the SAME staff Hillary would have had. :o)

Plus, anyone wonder what kind of influence Bill is going to have in the White House? It's like inbreeding politicians. SCAREY!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I see no change to the change that he is wanting to change. But then again I am not surprised. If you don't expect anything from anyone then you can't be disappointed. ~shrugs~

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think many involved in this question are just trolling and would criticize the man if he started shitting out bars of gold.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008