IUD

Im getting the IUD inserted in two weeks but I forgot if the DR said dont have sex during these two weeks or dont have sex two weeks after i get the IUD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• You shouldnt have sex atleast 7-10 days AFTER you get it put in. because the strings need time to soften up so your partner doesnt feel them.

they will automatically do a pregnancy test if you've been sexually active since you had a baby.

I just got mine in Friday..and well im not having sex with anyone..anytime soon lol
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No sex BEFORE due to the possibility of being pregnant unless you are having it inserted DURING your period. Pregnancy test or not you could be pregnant and just not far enough along to show up on a test. You also should wait for a few days after to let your cervix heal from the insertion in case there were any small lacerations. The strings do not soften up since they are like fishing line, but they could be too long and need trimmed again if they hurt your partner.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My doc told me i was fine to have sex that day i got it that way i could call back and let her know if i need the string trimmed. Ive had mine for almost a year and a half
    AMCNUTT09

Answer by AMCNUTT09 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yeah I was not told either of those things. They did a blood pregnancy test when I got there to get it in, and they said NOTHING about sex afterwards.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• same as dustermommy. my dr said nothing. I had mine for 5 yrs never had a problem. had it removed and now we are TTC. ive herd some horror stories though about concieveing after removal so im a little worried. But like one other poster said ur strings dont soften up they are like fishing line. call your dr to be sure or use a condom?
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No sex for two weeks before and no sex for two weeks after. Some doctors recommend even longer abstinence, up to 6 weeks.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011