Curfew and bedtime for 16 year old girl?

What is a good curfew (time to be in the house) for a 16 year old girl? What about bedtime? On weekdays and weekends? What should be the consequences of breaking curfew?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• curfew 9 on weekdays..10 on weekends..bedtime? idk like 10:30-11 i'd say lights out. Take away cellphone,computer anything shes attacted to electronically and allowing her to go out again if she breaks it
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• as far as curfew maybe eight on week days...and a bit later on the weekends. Def about nine in the summer time, because it doesnt get dark. I would also make sure I know where he or she is. And I dont think sixteen year olds should have a bed time. If they show they can get up in the morning with no problem....then they will go to bed when they are tired. I would never let him or her stay up till the middle of the night. My kids fall asleep on their own around eleven, and have no problem getting up. If they have a hard time about getting up then yes...tell them to go to bed earlier.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think the time is not as important as knowing where she is and what is going on. Times are changed today.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My curfew and bedtime was 9pm on weekdays from the time I was about 10 til the time I was 18. Curfew on weekends, 10 or 11 and I could stay up as late as I wanted on the weekends but had to be up by 8 or 9am the next morning. If I broke curfew I was grounded to my room without television, phone privelages, computer privelages, no nothing at all and had to stay there til my mom said it was ok to come out. a week or 2 at best.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Hmm...ok, weekdays I would said curfew 8 bedtime 10. Weekends, curfew 11-12 (depending on the kid) and as long as they are able to wake up the next morning before noon (I was a sleeper, still am, so I give a little more on this). Consequences, take away phone, internet (besides homework), going out with friends.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• 9 on weekdays....11 on weekends!? at 1 I was a junior though!! Bed time. 10 on weekdays...but on the weekends, as long as your kiddo is home safe I wouldnt think it would matter?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Id say curfew would be 9 bed time by like 10 10 30
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ^sorry i meant to put I was a junior at 16 though!!! :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• wow I had to be home by 7pm when I was 16.
    I wouldnt allow her to stay out until 9pm on school night, 8pm tops!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Mine was whatever city curfew was. Weeknights I would say 9pm (our curfew is 11pm), weekend would be between 11-12 midnight. Bedtime, there wouldn't be one. As long as she gets up for school in the morning, bedtime would be up to her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011