Co-ed Sleepovers? what age do they stop for your child?

We stopped co-ed sleepovers for our dd now that she has turned 7.

LovelyLexy84

Asked by LovelyLexy84 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We never allowed them at all. I guess we just thought it was easier to never allow them than to stop them and maybe cause confusion..or conversations we weren't ready to have yet.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We never had them and never will.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i haven't had co ed sleep overs. I don't think I'm comfortable with them at any age for my dd.

proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't allow co-ed sleepovers.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We have both boys and girls that are the same age so every sleepover at our house is co-ed for someone (my son is friends with all the same kids as my girls). And when my girls go to their friends' houses they have brothers there. When I was a kid we were still having them at 10-12 years old. If my brother was having a friend over then so did I and we all slept together in the living room (since we had most of the same friends at the time).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We never had them. 7 is a good time to stop though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm not trying to be rude, but by starting out having co ed sleepovers I would assume it would teach your children it's ok to sleep co ed....which in my opinion....isn't something I want to teach my child.
    We won't be doing that in our home.
    Anonymous

• My little brother just had one...he turned 8...the girls slept in the moms room, all the boys were in the boys bedroom...they had a blast! I havent even given this much thought! I was never allowed to do it..and never really had any friends do it either....I guess I will take the situation as it arises and see how we feel about it then1?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my dd is 8 and so is her bestie...when they have sleepovers her little brother comes too and if my son is here then he sleeps in the living room with them....i dont see them having to stop any time soon....maybe when their about 11
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Never, since they never started. They can have a co-ed sleepover when they're adults and I no longer have a say.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011