Question for women who have had several miscarriages

I just lost my 2nd pregnancy in a year last month. I thought I started my period on Sunday but it never really started so I took a test and I'm pregnant again. Unfortunately, im spotting red:( Bad sign! So here is my question...
Do I just wait to see if I miscarry or should I make a doctors appointment right away? I know the routine if i go to the doc, they will monitor my blood levels until im far enough along to do an ultrasound. I figure that I have about another week before they can do an ultrasound. Last time she said I had to be 5 1/2 - 6 weeks along. What would you do?

Not to be rude but those of you who haven't been through this need not comment because you will all say that I should rush in but the truth is, if Im going to miscarry, there is nothing the docs can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have always called to talk to the nurse and let them decide whether I should go in or wait.

Good luck. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't call the doctor until after I miscarried, unless I get scared....(I've had 2 miscarriages)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I had 3 miscarriages in 12 years of trying. The third time I just waited until it was over, then went and had an ultrasound to make sure I passed everything. The only reasons that I would go would be, if it was to painful to tolerate, excessive bleeding, or if you are interested in knowing your progesterone levels (that may be why u are miscarrying). If you were months into the pregnancy, i would definately go no matter what but when it happens this early, I think it's ok to wait it out. I now have a 13 mon. old and they said I would never have kids. I do want to tell you that back to back miscarriages are very hard on your body. My doc suggested waiting at least 6mo to a year before trying again. So sorry for your loss and don't loose hope all baby's come when they are ready.
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 8:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I don't seem to have a problem getting pregnant. I just can't seem to stay pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• (((Hugs))). I have always called and gone for the bloodwork to be sure. I have had 5 miscarriages. With my one successful pregnancy I had a lot of spotting (early on and at 3 weeks because she was initially a twin.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've had a few that were early on too. I just let nature take it's course. That was after I called my Dr. & they said I could since it was early. I never bothered with bloodwork after, etc. I did have a D&C after a loss at 11 weeks since I kept bleeding on & off for a few months besides my period. Early miscarriages are usually caused by a genetic flaw. But that does not mean you eventually will not give birth to a healthy child, it's just nature.
    Anonymous

• So sorry you are going through this! I had 3 miscarriages and I rushed in every time. I doubt it was the right thing because as you said they don't do much but confirm it. And as early as you are maybe not even. I always just had to for some reason. Whatever you do don't lose hope. I thought I was never going to have a baby and had given up. I found out I was pregnant a month after my 3rd miscarriage and at that point I wasn't even excited to be pregnant. I just asummed I would miscarry again....but I didn't. And I went on to have a healthy baby boy, and another a year later! And don't blame yourself. I know I would always let the million "what if's" get to me!Good luck mama. Huggss!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Jenae- I know how you feel. My husband and I already expect this one to miscarry too. I think i'm done after this. I have two children and Im very blessed. I know that my husband wants another but I just don't want to do it anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2011