How do I get my husband and my kids to spend more time together?

My husbands idea of playing with the kids is having them watch him play the PS3. I have tried and tried to get him to do stuff with them but he gets soo angry with them. He's missing out on everything and I'm afraid that when he finally does want to spend time with them it will be too late!

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 12:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• OMG tell him to grow up....My fiance would sit and watch t.v at times when his children were over..I just went over there and turned the t.v. off.....We talked about it ofcourse and now he even reads them books before bedtime.. Your husband has a hard head...I would keep talking to him.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You cannot force him to behave towards your children in any certain way. I know it is hard to watch when you are the only one who understands that childhood is fleeting and over all too soon. But you need to focus on what you can control..your relationship with your kids. At least they have on parent that knows the best gift you can give them is the gift of your time. Engage and keep them busy and they will remember who was there for them...better one parent who cared than none at all. He loves them, just in his own way...he will deal with his relationship with them when they are older.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008