Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone gone to a Homeopathic Doctor to investigate fertility issues? adult content

I am considering calling a local Homeopathic Doctor to have an appt. to ask about our recent m/c's (2 just 8 months apart and first trimester losses). When I m'c our first, the Nurse Practitioner did say that they usually don't do anything at this point as it is my first and it was in the 1st trimester so keep trying and hope for the best! Just 4 months after TTC, I was pregnant again and wanted to have my Progesterone levels checked as I continued to take my BBT's each morning and I could see them falling for days below my coverline , then slowly creeped back up above my coverline but didn't go back up where they had been when I was just a couple of weeks pregnant.  I called the OB's office as I had been referred to her after my 1st m/c. Her secretary talked to the OB and then called me back saying it was unnecessary to continue to take my temps now that I WAS pregnant. I was worried about my Prog. levels as that is what I believed my BBT was telling me. Her secretary still told me it was nothing to worry about if there was no cramping. pain or bleeding which there wasn't. Sadly, I m/c that baby too just a few weeks later as I did start to cramp and bleed. Now, we are TTC again. I have asked about testing (my Nurse Practitioner) says although it is hard, it is just my second m/c and hopefully our next baby will be just fine! I am sorry, but that just doesn't suffice. Would going to a Homeopathic Doctor be the next step for me? All I wanted was for them to listen to me and check my Progesterone levels which they didn't based upon what I told them with my second pregnancy. Is that too much to ask?


Asked by miraclewaits at 8:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

Level 15 (2,029 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would find a new dr and I would also try out the homeopathic one too. A healthy balance of both will be best!

    Answer by MommyH2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

  • Go directly to a Reproductive Specialist in your area. A regular OBGYN is a waste of time and effort in your situation. Believe me, I wasted 13 years & multiple miscarriages before I had enough & saw a Reproductive Specialist and now I have a little boy. An OBGYN will not properly assist you in getting Pregnant or maintaining a pregnancy. A RS. will. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • you can get a natural progesterone cream from a local health food/herb store...but as we must say always talk with a naturopathic doctor first...some great herbs for infertility are false unicorn and damania, theres alot of info online, im sorry that the doctor you saw wasnt much help alot of the time we have to do it on our own...i would personally go to an herb store and talk to the employees they will have some great info and recommendations, good luck and baby dust to you!!!

    Answer by KPrice777 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • Thank you! I am going to call the Homeopathic Doctor next week after we return from our little getaway this weekend!

    Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011