If you are a SAHM do you enjoy it or would you rather be doing something else?

BUMP PLEASE

lovelyheaven271

Asked by lovelyheaven271 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am thankful I have gotten to do it but am ready for something different. I have 1 son who is now 4, instead of me getting stressed because all I do is clean and take care of a baby, we both get stressed and it turns into a mess. And very thankfully, we have a lot of friends so we do playdates multiple times a week and we (my son and I) still get on each others nerves all the time! I was (till May last year) a full time student and will be going back this fall, so it helps, but most important my son is going to pre-k in the fall!!!!! A well needed break for us both!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love it and am so thankful that my hubby allows me to be one!
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Love it and am thankful for the opportunity! Though, I will admit that there are times I feel like my brain has turned to goo.
    Lirpax

Answer by Lirpax at 8:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Used to love it and be thankful for it. Now, after 3.5 years, i feel like somebody sucked out my brain and filled the void with chocolate pudding. Gah! I'm just kind of over it, ya know? I'm thinking I might go back to school in the fall...
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i have done both and so wish for the days of being a sahm now i work 5 to 7 days a week ten hour shift so i miss out on alot.
    MomaWeeks

Answer by MomaWeeks at 8:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i would pick to stay at home
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My husband is in the military and my son and I end up alone a lot so I enjoy working because it gets my mind off of being lonely without my husband. My son also enjoys being around kids his age too. I'm not working right now but I sure do miss it!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love being able to stay home with my children. I like not having to miss the milestones of your child's development. I try to do lots of different things to keep myself busy.

matheson7

Answer by matheson7 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i love being a sahm have been for 7 years i get to see all the first's but once my boys get older i do want to start working
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love being home with boys. There is nothing else I'd rather do. I just wish I could make money doing it as we have fallen on hard times and tight money is no fun.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011