When Replying To These Questions Do You Think Stay At Home Mom's Are More Critical Than Working Mom's??

Do you think you can tell the difference when reading replies to your questions?? I do...

RNC2005

Asked by RNC2005 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No, either can be critical.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think you can tell because you decide to judge SAHM as more critical and WM's as less critical.
    When I read answers, I don't care if they're a SAHM or a WM...it doesn't even cross my mind. Advice is advice...good or bad, and that's it.
    We're all mothers and we are all doing the best that we can for our children.
    Anonymous

• You see what you WANT to see. I am a SAHM and have felt that working moms were more critical.

Just goes to show that we are both wrong. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*NO*~... that is like stating you can tell what color a person is by seeing what they wrote... sounds judgemental
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• More critical? I don't even think to look at who's posting, just replying honestly in my opinion to questions that I feel I may have an answer to. A mother is a mother... -shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think such generalizations are pointless and false.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No I just want answers everyone has something to say .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've been both a working mother and a stay at home mom, and I do believe I would answer differently without thinking.

for example a question was stated about having a difficulty time getting baby to sleep through the night...a reply was posted go with the flow and sleep when baby sleeps...

that's not being judgmental...obviously this person was a stay at home mom had she been a working mother I believe her reply would have been much different.
    RNC2005

Comment by RNC2005 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

You can not tell what color a person is by seeing what they wrote, but you can tell how intelligent someone is by their grammar.

By reading some of the replies to the questions on this site it seems like a lot of mothers have one view and that's their view. So perhaps it doesn't matter if they are a working mother or a stay at home mother...maybe it's more of being a closed minded person.

RNC2005

Comment by RNC2005 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't see how the example you gave is close minded.

Again, I think it is a matter of seeing what you want to see.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011