Any Noahides?

Curious as to how you are learning Torah and th whole experience.

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 8:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are Noahides similar to "Jews for Jesus"?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've never really applied the term to myself but reading your question I realize that I am Bene Noach. I am Catholic, but I am also learning Hebrew, going to classes at the JCC to learn more about Judaism, and have a great respect for the laws, which are also incorporated into my Catholic experience. I feel like my experience of Jewish tradition enriches and enhances my understanding of Christ. It's been a wonderful spiritual journey for me.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• rkoloms ... technically anyone who believes in the ten commandments is a noahide I think.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No not jews for Jesus, They follow the 7 Laws of Naoh and Use Torah for guidance.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 6:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Interesting; I have never heard of Noahides (we are Jewish).
    One of the moms in the Jewish Moms group (Cafemom group number one) has a Torah learning group. I think her name is Devorah, but I am not positive. If you are in Chicago, I can give you contact information for a couple of different groups for women who want to learn Torah together.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It is interesting, they are gentiles, not subject to the additional 613 Jewish commandments.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Here are the basics. the 7 laws are not all the same as the 10 commandments.

I am the owner of Jewish Moms. You are welcome to come and ask questions if you would like. I'm in the middle of bar mitzvah madness but should be around after Sunday (awake is another story.) Just mention that you are Noahide on the application.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thanks.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2011