Have you ever woken up one day and looked at yourself and said "today is the day"?

Has anyone done this and been successful at losing weight? What did you do first? Have you ever just thrown all your junk out? Today I told myself, THIS TIME was going to be the time I was going to lose weight. I've been pretty good with portion control and eating healthy and also was a little more active around the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes! That day was Jan 19th of 2011! I was always very fit then I got prego with my triplets! With all the stress and the non sleep I let my body go..... Well no longer I have started working out and we will go for walks go bike rides every other day this summer I will reach my goal of 140 by Nov.!

Also I stop cold turkey with Fast Food also drink a lot less soda!

tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I did a few years ago- started counting calories and lost about 60 lbs...then we moved away from all friends and family and I was alone and miserable and ended up gaining it all back
    bleh

I ate average about 1500 calories a day toward the end and was cleaning full time- and whenever there was a party or bbq or whatever I didn't really worry about it too much- I just took the day off
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I had a wake up call when my blood pressure started to climb. I was in the process of trying to make healthy changes in my diet, but that scared me. I have a strong family history of heart disease, and I don't want to end up like my grandparents have. I've lost about 50 lbs so far. One of the biggest things is making PERMANENT changes. You can't have the "diet" mindset, or you'll gain it all back. You have to have a contingency plan for when you lose your motivation, which WILL happen periodically along the way. How will you overcome this? Write out your goals. Then write out your reasons to reach them, and putthese somewhere very visible and read them often. Cut out images that motivate you and put them up. Write motivational quotes you find that work for you. Remember that only YOU can motivate you. You can do this! You DESERVE to be healthy!! You are worth it!! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011