Trust again!

Update a few weeks ago I was venting about my husband who got caught by me with another girls number in his wallet...we have been working on it and it seems like its getting better but my trust seems to lean more to NOT. Heck how long did it take you when your Hubby or boyfriend cheated on you.
I try not to bring it up we talked about it and he said it was nothing to it but I know better DUH not stupid but I do love him and trying but its HARD. How to deal

dusty1962

Asked by dusty1962 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Wish I could tell you. Hubby and I are trying to get passed our trust issues since we started working through things in December. Day to day stuff, little by little. Talking about things if it bothers you or him. Trust is earned, but also you have to put in an effort. It's hard and a longgggggggggggg process to build from, but it can be done. Communication. G'luck to you. Hang in there!
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my ex cheated on me many time it has been almost two years i am with my new wonderful finance and i still have trust issues with my new SO thankfully he is under standing and we work thru them slowly by him just showing that im the only one day after day and i hang out with my sis more to keep my mind of what might happen and keep it on whats actually happening...so try and find some one close to you that you do trust and have them also remind you hes trying to work on it.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ps i hope everything works out
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If my DH cheated I would not be able to forgive him, trust would be gone.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• All I can tell you is listen to your gut instincts. I wish I'd done that, I'd be well on my way to having a mended heart by now.
    I found out my DH was cheating almost 4 years ago. He cried and promised he'd never hurt me like that again. Well, I found out about 6 weeks ago that he never stopped seeing that same hoe. AGAIN, he cried and told me how sorry he was, he wanted to work things out with me, wanted our family, etc. I was actually dumb enough to consider it. We were in counseling, he told me he'd broken it off with her, etc. Well, guess what? I just found out 2 days ago that he took her with him to Canada for the weekend. I found out because I listened to my gut and did some detective work. I'm seeing a divorce attorney tomorrow.

Women have this intuition for a reason, but we tend to ignore it because we don't really want to know. It will only hurt you in the end.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 12:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• trust is a hard thing to get back. You have to ask yourself do you think he won't do it again? or ask yourself this, now that you went looking into his wallet will he placed those numbers somewhere else and not bring them home. you are always going to have that gut feeling saying what is he doing, where is he at, is he with someone else right now. and with those feelings it will kill you because then you have become this jealous, not trusting person and why because he made you feel that way by bringing that woman's phone number home. obviously he was considering or is considering calling her and seeing her, because why wouldn't he toss it after it was given to him.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011