I have a bachelorette party this weekend but I don't want anyone to know I'm pregnant! i absolutely can't miss it because I'm a bridesmaid. What do I do?

Can I drink a glass of wine? HELP!

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 9:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tell them you are taking some medication that will react badly if you drink alcohol, then drink pop and virgin drinks all night. Unless you are never going to see these people again, they are going to find out eventually that you are pregnant, why not tell them?
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Why don't you volunteer to be a designated driver? No one should question your motives that way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• don't drink.
    Really, you can do it. Use the excuse that someone has too keep a clear head to keep everyone else out of trouble.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You could drink one glass of wine, but when your friends find out you are pregnant, they will remember you drank while knowingly pregnant. Some people don't care, but others will.

Anyway, of you decide not to drink, you can say you are avoiding the alcohol because of a medication, or some other excuse. You don't have to drink to avoid the question of whether or not you are pregnant.

Congratulations!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't drink anything but offer to be the designated driver that is a great idea. Or tell them you have something really important to do the next day and you get headaches or something to that effect when you drink.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Order your own drinks from the bar. You can't tell if a drink is rye and coke, or just coke. Or you could pretend that you are on a new medication that you absolutely can't drink alcohol with. A bloody mary would look the same as a ceasar. Everyone will probably get drunk so fast that they won't notice what your drinking! Good luck!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 9:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldnt. Some people might say its safe but I would never do it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They will probably figure things out, when you are the only one not drinking. It is absolutely your right to choose whether to tell people you are pregnant or not. I would go and have a good time.

matheson7

Answer by matheson7 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• be the driver then you have the perfect excuse.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Say that you went out the night before and you're hungover and you'd prefer to be the DD to everyone!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011