Vote Downs

Normally, I don't care about them, but I am trying to come up with a reason why my answer was voted down:  http://www.cafemom.com/answers/747103/What_questions_to_ask_at_interview?cat_id=&result=answer_added&success=5973280&order=&next=1

Asked by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I just got voted down for saying I loved being pregnant and I was happy when I was pregnant. Go figure.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You should not ask those questions at an interview. And NO, I didn't vote it down. I should, but my vote-downs
    are taken for today. So.
    Anonymous

• Of course you ask those questions at an interview! How much HR experience do you have?

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't know why it was voted down. I always ask that question because I want them to know I am in it for a long-term career. And, I have never look negatively on this question when I have been the interviewer. I want someone who is a motivated go-getter.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I looked at it. Your answer was very good. I think someone was just going through and voting down.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I personally wouldn't ask the first, about why the position is open, but all the others seem fine....
    Someone just wanted to ruffle feathers I guess. I wouldn't worry about it. I find that it's usually more productive to write below a statement you don't agree with why you don't agree with it, to "correct" a statement or bring to light unhelpful advice. But that's just me! lol
    Anonymous

• Perhaps they were confused and thought you were giving a list of questions to ask as the interviewer rather than the interviewee. Really it shouldn't matter anyways. Vote downs don't count unless you posted anonymously so it's kind of pointless other than to show where you disagree with someone (or are wondering if they're on crack).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Asking why a position is open can give you insight to the corporate culture.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I feel those questions may be too forward for a first interview. They may be better if you are called back a second time. You don't want to come off as aggressive by questioning the interviewer. That may annoy them of they may think you are a bit wacky. That's my opinion. I feel that you should be calm, collected & answer questions direct & not stray from the interviewers line of questioning. It's better to come off as cooperative than aggressively eager.

Anonymous

• Anon - I have over fifteen years of HR experience. I do career and job search coaching, and I have never heard of anyone having a negative response to these questions. While I would not recommend them for an interview at a fast food restaurant, they are appropriate in a business setting.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011