Am i doing to much for beeing a married wife and mother?

My daily routine every day is wake up at 7:15am get myself breakfast, head up to feed my 5 month old his bottle and get him ready for the day, then after he is done go to my oldest sons room and get him ready and fed. Go meet Daddy (my husband at work for his lunch break at 9am. Come home by 11 and make lunch for my oldest at 11:30, then by 12pm feed my 5 month old. By 12:30 kids i babysit for come in and play with my oldest. at 2pm i am getting snack time ready and by 2:15 reading a nap time stories until 2:30pm. By 3 i have to leave to get a child from school and help him with homework. By 4 get every one up from nap and feed my 5 month old again. Then i make supper by 4:30 and we eat by 5pm.
and every day i add in dishes, laundry, clean the house after kids go down for nap, take the trash out, sanitize toys, dust, vacuum, sweep the kitchen, take care of the cats, change diapers get my boys ready for bed and tuck them in i also shovel the snow in winter and he then comes and snowblows like if there is more to be done.
My husband works at 5am until 2pm and he comes home and goes straight on the computer and asks me if we can watch our show which somehow i make time for even though i ask him to pause it like every 15mins cuz i need to get something. All he does is take the trash down to the end of the driveway on garbage pick up days, and gives our boys a bath every Sunday and Wednesday and kisses them. I have to ask him if he can do something for me and he says he will in like 10mins when he knows it has to get done.
Please tell me if i am doing everything myself or if i am doing what i should be doing as a mother and wife. i am exhausted by the end of the day and we got to bed at 9 or 9:30. and kids are in bed by 8:00 and 8:30

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• It's normal. It's being a mom.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would ask him if he could give you a little more help than what he is doing. who watches the kids that are napping while you go and pick up the one from school?
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 9:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sounds normal for a stay at home mom.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• SHIT, I am exhausted just reading this ?

You need a MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• To princeschilly: My husband does that, i leave and i am only gone for like 20mins. I live right next to the school
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• omg!! wow!! you do a lot!! you should see if maybe dh can do bedtime everyday for 1 of the kids, maybe you do ds1 and dh does ds2 and switch the next day. it may not make a huge difference but it might help it be less stressful on you.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's normal to do all that being a mom, but when my husband comes home from work I give him about 30 min of down time before I start asking him to help me out with the kids, dinner, chores...everything.
    I'm a SAHM with 4 kids under 4, that's MY JOB while he's doing HIS JOB @ WORK. After he comes home, we come together to split whatever needs to be done from the time he comes home til the time we go to bed. We are a team, and need to look at the challenges of life as OURS, not just mine and his. It's OUR house, OUR kids, OUR belongings....so WE take care of them ALL :)
    Anonymous

• I think he should shovel the snow -- otherwise sounds like a SAHM
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• to dreamangel- i ask him to help me with bedtime, but he says i don't know what to do with them. my youngest i put calming lotion on him, give him 5mins to rock with me, lay him in bed and say good night and i love you. with my oldest i talk about our day and if it was bad day i ask him is tomorrow going to be better, give him a hug and kiss, shut his closet door and say i love u and close the door.
    To anonymous- I tell him that too, but he says i need to pay the bills and my mom did it so u can too
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes, it is a lot I know. I felt the same way when I had 2 small children 18 mos. apart and a husband who worked shift-work and lived nowhere near family. You go through quite a few years of feeling like a robot, going through the motions, taking care of kids, house and husband and feeling neglected in the midst of it all. BUT, I will tell you this. . . . . . .YOU ARE DOING THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD! NO ONE can take care of your family like YOU ! Do it with a smile on your face and joy in your heart! God has blessed you with a wonderful family! You are preparing the next generation to carry on after you are gone. What legacy will you leave them? Believe me, it seems like it will be forever getting them raised, but when they've graduated and gone on to college or moved on with their new family will you miss it? I have more than once. My husband has, too! Be encouraged. HUGS!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011