What kind of natural cleaning supplies do you use? Which ones do you like or dislike?

matheson7

Asked by matheson7 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I use white vinegar, baking soda and lemon for pretty much everything. I really like the "Method" Products and Target has some great natural products that work well.
    tammyk1122

Answer by tammyk1122 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Another vinegar, baking soda user. I do keep a bottle of castile soap handy odds and ends cleaning plus DH is one of those it's not clean unless there are sudds and bubbles.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The only one I really like is Clorox Greenworks, all purpose cleaner. I t works better then 409, and smells good too. I haven't had much luck with most natural cleaners, they don't seem to clean well enough. Th e Costco brand all natural laundry detergent is horrible, stains set in, even when I pretreated. I don't like their natural dish soap either, Dawn works so much better and it is still good for environment. I have heard 7th Generation and Mrs Meyers work well.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I use lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, tea tree oil, olive oil & hydrogen peroxide. Everything is inexpensive except for the tea tree oil but it lasts a long time.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I use white vinegar and baking soda to clean most everything in my house it works wonders at keeping the drains open and running smoothly
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• color-ox has one called natural we use it for everything windex has one as well but it dose not seem to work as well on grease or bathroom scum
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love my Melaleuca products, but the only way to get them is to either become a customer and order every month ( which I have been doing for 5 years), or find a distributor who can get them for you. I can drink any one of their cleaning products and know they are completely natural and never going to hurt me or my kids! They work really well for so many things....... getting marker off kids and their clothing, rust stains out of showers (we have really hard water), I could go on and on. You can read up on some of their products on www.rmbarry.com or www.melaleuca.com
    kassie726

Answer by kassie726 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011