How much money would you give?

My 7 yr. old dd was invited to go eat with her friend I said maybe next time but next time comes around should I give some money to the parent or just give enough for my dd to eat (rounded off I guess)
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• i would ask where they were going and offer to give them some money for your child
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• At 7, I would probably give money to the parents. And same as the pp, I would find out where they were eating and give money accordingly. A lot of times, the parents will turn down the gesture, but better to offer then not.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would ask the parents how much money he needs and then give them the money. Usually when I invite a child to come with for dinner, I pay for it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If they are inviting her over for dinner dont send money send a desert.

If they are inviting her out to eat I would send her with $10-$20 depending on where they were going but would be SHOCKED if they didnt pay since it was an actual invitation.

I think it is very very odd to invite a child out to a restaurant and not pay for the child... odd and on the rude side. Although I also think it is rude not to send money... it is a funky little dance.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I usually give my dd money and tell her to offer it to the parents. They never seem to accept it anyway so we make sure to invite their dd out once in a while.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• oh, and I usually send around $10
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd give the money to your child to pay for her own meal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd ask the parent how much my child should bring. I always pay whenever I invite a child to come with us. I've never had a parent ask me to give them money or have my child bring money.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ask where they are going and hand the parent $10.00. Some may take it and other may refuse it since they invited your DD.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• As the others have noted, offer the money to the parents.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011