Is it me or is he just doing this because of a guilty conscious??

my son's dad says i am trying to take our son from him. i dont understand how? he texts or calls every once and a while. then he says i never tell him what our son needs.... i used to tell him and then he would say i dont really need anything, im just asking him to see if he would give to me. i dont get it and he has not responded to any of the child support notices. So now i dont call him or anything. he blames my busy schedule on the reason he cant see his son..... i work full time and go to college full time (last semester)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• he is being a jerk and nothing should be discussed in front of kids shames on him
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would ONLY TALK TO HIM THROUGH E-MAIL, print it out.

If you ever go back to court......YOU have !!!! :), in writting .

contact me or come to my profile for more information....
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• umm he's not paying child support but expects to see his kid? it doesn't work that way

The point is it's not your job to make sure he has a relationship with his son it's his. If the court orders visitation then he needs to show up when he's suppose to and if you aren't making your son available at those times then he needs to call the court not guilt you. He probably just wants control and is pissed because he doesn't have it. Men often have a problem accepting that how things actually work in system aren't how they think it should in their world
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sounds to me as he's making excusses for himself by blaming it on you. He clearly isn't willing to put forth the effort to be a decent father and take part in his responsibility. With that he may feel guilty or he's just trying to justify his behavior to avoid feeling guilty. Either way he's trying to cop out and make it all on you. When in reality he's putting his own foot in front of the door that you're trying to open.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011