In your opnion what birth control works best? adult content

What do you have? How long have you had it are there any major side affects? I am 23 currently on the pill but I need something more long term of course I am going to discuss it with my care provider but I am just looking for some outside opinions. Also one that doesn't affect your sex drive I am on the pill and I have no sex drive at all

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 9:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a ten year Paragard IUD. It is NOT hormonal like Mirena is. Its the second one I have had and I love it.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Paragard IUD ~ hormone-free, lasts 10 years, minimal to no side effects. I DO NOT suggest the Mirena IUD.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i was going to suggest he paragard iud also, but they beat me to it. i'm currently on the pill & just waiting for my period before they put mine in. they want to put it in on the first day of my period, but i'm going on 11 months without one. i hate popping these pills everyday. you can't beat 10 years! (unless you get fixed)
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• IUD!!!! had mine for 8 years without a problem. I loved it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• VASECTOMIES!  :)  I went through the pain of pregnancy and childbirth with almost 4 children, hub is getting a vasectomy.  ;)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• the best BC is abstaining......outside of that it depends on your preferences
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Hubby has had a vasectomy. :o))
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I see a lot of answers saying no to Mirena, but I've had mine for 4 years now and have had no issues. I love it!
    luvmebrats9

Answer by luvmebrats9 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011