How to make the hubs feel better?

I've really messed up with my hubby ( i have a mouth like it's going out of style) it goes from disrespecting him to saying things that arent true because im mad. And i really hurt him lastnight because he's getting tired of it.. Any ideas what to do? food? anything etc..? I'd like it to be from my own mind but right now im willing to to get ideas from anyone to cheer him up. He's even gone to the point of ignoring me just so you know the outcomes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Practise stopping yourself from saying everything that comes into your head. If you practise enough you'll be able to do it. For example, when you talk on the phone to a friend, before you say anything, each time stop and think about it. It doesn't take very long, and it will train you to think first and talk second.

Answer by Bmat at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• 1) Truely appoligize and work on your relationship with your husband!! Let him know that whatever it was blew out of the water and work on fixing that first!
    2) Do something nice for him? What does he like?
    3) I'd suggest a date just the two of you. Maybe have someone watch the kids overnight if that's possible.
    Marriage takes work IF you want it to work. I wish the two of you the best :)

Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 1:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There is a wonderful book called Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. I read it with my husband thinking what can this book really do, well its really helpful!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There are no quick fixes to this problem. You should sit down with him and talk to him. Apologize and tell him you will get help to work on your issues. May suggest you go to marriage counseling together so you both learn to communicate in positive and loving way. You can control your mouth and have to. Words cut deeper and the scars last longer than hitting someone. You need to make changes in your life and let him see those changes. He will then learn to trust you and respect you again.

Anonymous

• Stop saying sorry & actually change/stop doing the things that hurt your husband. A nice meal is great but if you just go back to doing what your doing, that meal meant nothing.
    TwentyFingers

Answer by TwentyFingers at 1:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm the same way, when I get mad I just start mouthing off. Actions speak louder then words (something that I'm working on) apologies are fine but if you have to keep saying sorry for the same thing then it doesn't mean anything anymore. Next time he pisses you off stop and think about what your going to say and not just rant (another thing I'm working on).
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• How about humility and an big apology. I don't think you need to do anything, but humble yourself and just say..hey, I screwed up. I have always found that when I just be honest and willing to admit I was wrong, it makes it way better than trying to make it up to him. Just make sure you change your behavior. Don't ask for an apology for the same thing over and over.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008