My 6 yr old has been on focalin 5 mg two pills in the morning he started last thurs we also give him Brightspark with it we have noticed him much better at home which is good for us school is the big problem. adult content

His teacher says his mornings are very good.He looses it every afternoon his behavior is out of control either its the wrong medicine or it wears off in the afternoon I thought two in the morning ment 4 hours each ment 8 hours would last through the day I 'am so lost right now of what to do should we give the medicine more time in school because even though it wears off by the tim he comes home Brightspark is working??

Honey408

Asked by Honey408 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Would it be possible that mixing the two isn't a good thing? Does his Dr. know he's taking both? Maybe check with his Dr. and see what would be best to do...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The doctor said that it would be fine it's all natural homeremedy The doctor looked up both to see if there any interactions their wasn't.
    Honey408

Comment by Honey408 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would guess it means he needs one in the AM and one mid day. If you give him two in the AM, it's like a double dose the first part of the day and then nothing the second half?
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'am going to try that tomorrow with him i'll give him the medicine at 12:00 at school see if that makes a diffrence. then if it does I'll have the school do it everyday thanks
    Honey408

Comment by Honey408 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011