Beauty and Style

Don't you hate to go to the beauty parlor and have a bad experience. Me and my daughter went and the stylist kept telling me to uncross my legs and she wasn't polite about it either, I tried to make conversation and she didn't smile at all. My daughter, I wanted her to have layers and you couldn't even tell she got it cut. The stylist said well it has to be that way to match the rest of her hair length, bull!!! I feel like I threw my money in the trash.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldn't have paid until i got what i went there for! That's bull. Did you call and complain to a manager about her attitude? Hope your next visit to a salon goes better.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would have asked another stylist in the salon to look at it. That's crap if she's making you pay for seemingly nothing. No way.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 10:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Hopefully you didn't tip her -_-
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 10:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• the reason the stylist told you to uncross your legs is because it throws off the balance of your body, resulting in an uneven cut. so if you want jacked up hair, you really need to listen to your stylist when they ask something from you.

as for the rest, i wasn't there so i cant say much beyond that. it just sounds like she is new and sticking to the basics from fresh out of school and is not comfortable with any advanced hair cutting. a consultation was not done properly by her either.

so other than saying: ladies if you want a good even cut, uncross your legs please.. if you are unhappy with your stylist, speak up then and there or ask for a manager, plenty of us will be willing to step in and take over to rectify your situation and do what we can to make you happy AND the stylist you are unhappy with will be forced to learn why she messed up, so they can learn to correct that problem next time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've had that type of experience. Oddly enough it was after telling her about my frustration with another stylist. I didn't go back and will not recommend that salon to anyone in future. Could I have done more? Yes but truthfully I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of another stylist and all that.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 4:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• the longer your hair is - the longer the layers have to be , otherwise it gets really thin at the bottom.
    again for a even cut sit up straight leggs uncrossed.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I did end up going back to the salon and getting her hair redone, it kept bothering me. As far as uncrossing my legs I didn't mind that it was the way she was so rude about it all. Anyway the rude girl WAS the manager I later found out.
    Momabear455

Comment by Momabear455 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011