I didn't eat for nearly a week back in oct, and ever since have very low blood pressure?

A week back in oct I was sick, and hardly ate at all, I remember being starving but too sick to eat anything. well since then I started eating again, probably gained 20lbs, and now I am always having low blood pressure. It doesnt make any sense to me why but it is really affecting me, I've even had mris done that found lesions that are comparable to ms lesions. My question is does anyone know why I'd be having low blood pressure after going a week without eating that wouldn't go away? is there any kind of blood work I can have done that would check for things? it is affecting everything from my vision to thinking and even balance :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• not eating for a week several months ago is NOT affecting your BP now. Talk to your doctor.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• After barely eating for a week you have done damage to your body. Even though you've started eating again the damage has already been done. There might be treatments that you can do to help increase your preassure, but that's not garunteed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I know when I don't eat my blood pressure goes down!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The food and the blood pressure are not connected. You need to be much more careful of your health. There is nothing you can do about your blood pressure except live the most healthy lifestyle possible. Keep your weight withing the normal range. Walk or jog for about one hour every day without missing. No alcohol. No recreational drugs. Minimal caffeine. Low fat. Drink plenty of clean water every day. Sleep the recommended hours for your age. Get involved in community events and volunteer your time helping others. This improves your psychological health and releases endorphins which help regulate blood health.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011