I need your opinions please..

I have a 6 month old daughter and me and my SO were gonna wait until she was over a year to TTC, but he has been telling me he wants to try for one now.. He really has me thinking about it and I really want to, but I dont know if I will be too busy with the new baby and take time from my daughter which she should have for her young years..So I guess my questions would be do you think by having another baby this soon I would be taking time from my daughter that she needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My kids are 19 mo. apart which means I got pregnant around the 10 mo. mark for my daughter. It was quite difficult when my son was born and I am still very busy but I'm really glad I did it this way. Now that they're getting a little older, they are playing together very well and enjoy a lot of the same activities. Plus, my daughter doesn't really remember what it was like to not have a brother and she was too young when he was born to experience any true jealousy. If your 6 mo. old is sleeping well and eating well and you feel good, I say go for it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This is JUST PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...WAIT.

My sister had her second baby 15 months after her first and she was MISERABLE. The babies were SO VERY needy at the same time. It was SO hard on her, she was exhausted, her older son got very little attention and it SHOWS in his behavior.

It's up to you but seriously...I would WAIT WAIT WAIT until AT LEAST 12 months...AT LEAST!
    Anonymous

• My son was 1.5 y.o when i got prego with my daughter. honestly, idk. it was extremely difficult to have a toddle still in diapers and an infant, and i sometimes felt like i was ignoring my son because my daughter needed me. and though now theyre older, and they know nothing different than theyve always had each other, they fight so much! sometimes, they play really well together, but other times, they fight so much. i dont feel i really got to enjoy either of their infant/toddler-hood, and i feel somewhat cheated, and that i cheated them somehow by it too. i guess its up to you. I mean, every family is different. I just know that if i could go back and switch things up some, and know id still have my beautiful daughter today, id done more to make sure id waited to give me that time back with my son sometimes. and even that time with my daughter when my son was trying so hard to get attention. good luck!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That's up to you...My philosophy was there is always room for one more, my husband felt otherwise...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My first two are four years apaprt and I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck no matter what you decide to do.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011