What About the Sex??!

So I know that sex is one key component in a relationship between a man and woman, but what happens when a child(ren) are involved?? Is it true that your sex life changes after the baby's born? Does it feel different?

MommaNay156

Asked by MommaNay156 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think everyone is different and you will get various answers. For me, sex got better and hotter after my children were born. My sex drive went into "over-drive" for some reason. Watching your hubby or SO with your child is really cool and makes him even sexier to me.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Not necessarily.

Honestly mine is just as hot, if not, hotter than before. We still have sex multiple times a day. We often have sex in the shower because that's where we get privacy...shower sex is hot. LOL.

We also make time to have "date night" AT LEAST every other week...even if it's a date night at home with the kids at grandma's for a couple of hours. We have sex in the morning, on the couch after the kids are in bed...

If your sex life is lacking after children that's a CHOICE THAT YOU HAVE MADE....You might have to put a little more work into it but there is no reason for it to be lacking in anyway.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it changes but its fluid and will change again. For me, it was fine after my first...and hurt after my second but only hurt for a few months. Your sex drive will decrease but more because of exhaustion (and possibly breast feeding) than anything else but again...it'll come back.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Not always. Mine is still on fire. I'm due in April with my 4th, and we are still having sex everyday!

It depends on you and DH. How you make it. GL
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well, LOTS of things change once you have a child. sex just happens to be included on the long list of things that will have to wait until baby is asleep. your sex life doesn't need to decrease, it just needs to be scheduled around the baby.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011