Children's Books

Who is your favorite author?! Looking for new books for my 16 month old son.. he has a tendency to rip pages so board books are a must in my house. lol

kaitilala

Asked by kaitilala at 10:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why not make some books with your son. Then he will learn to take good care of books. Take some photos of things around the house. Use the computer to place the photo and then use a large clear font to write a very short sentence. Print off about six pages of your work and make a nice cover. Staple it together and cover the staples with tape. After the two of you have read these books a few times, he will be able to recite the sentences. This is not real reading, but it is the early stages. The books will be meaningful to your child and you will be proud of him.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They have a Cat in the Hat brand board book set (ABC's, Have you seen my Mother, Go dog Go, etc.), all my kids LOVED these. My 2 yo really likes Corduroy flap books (by Don Freeman). The flaps might eventually get ripped, but he really enjoys them. The Hungry Catapillar (Eric Carle) has great pictures and both of my boys had the generic board books with different Trucks and tractors that they looked at and looked at.
    GL
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a favorite of my kiddos, lol.  It was a must read when I was little also.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• A lot of Eric Carle's books are also board books. My son likes several of those.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Eric Carle! My DS's favorite is The Hungry Little Caterpillar.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've been reading the Llama Llama books (red pajamas, mad at mama) and my kids seem to enjoy them. Not really hardcover books though...or the type to teeth on. I've been sticking with the Critter books. Dr Seuss comes in hard cover!
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Jamberry-- I can't remember the author's name.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 11:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Good Night Moon is a classic that comes in hard cover. My son loved it so much I think I still have it memorized.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011