How do I handle this situation with a child I babysit for?

I have a 2 year old and a four month old and am a stay at home mom. About a month ago I started babysitting for a little girl that is 3 years old. Her and my two year old never get along and are constantly fighting. Not just yelling but hitting and pushing too. I have tried the time out thing and talking to each of them but it still continues. How can I correct this situation before it gets worse? Plus this little girl brings a small backpack with her slippers and cup in there. Although everyday I pick up her backpack she has packed away many of my daughters toys! I ask her about it and tell her she has to leave the toys here but the next day she does it again. I have even found toys in her pockets! How can I get her to stop doing this? Thanks for any suggestions.

YoungMomtoGirls

Asked by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Have you talked to the little girls parents about this? Have them address the issue. I had a similar situtation with a little girl i was sitting for once a week. I tried the timeouts and taking toys away. She was really mean to my son (she was 5, my son was 1 1/2 at the time). She would take toys from him, hit, yell, didn't listen to me AT ALL. Eventually I had to stop watching her, because nothing worked. I say try talking to the parents about it. I hope something works out for you.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well as far as the getting along part is conserned only time will help...they both need to adjust to the sharing thing. I would shake her down everytime she goes to leave to make sure that she has nothing that belongs to your daughter...she will learn that she will always get caught and hopefully stop.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008