Does the elementary school pick up loop drive you NUTS?

Parents who are picking up their kids early or volunteered late in the day insist on parking to the side of where parents need to line up to pick up their kids and then blocked in want people to play musical cars in the snow with oncoming cars that just picked up so they can back up! What is so hard about parking on the opposite of the school?!

Thanks for letting me vent!

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not any more.. I gave up and started walking to pick my kids up from school. Before that, I was one of the parents you are speaking of (I volunteered and parked on the street). Oh, and it also helps that I live in the central valley, CA, and I don't have to walk through snow.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It irritates me when someone doesn't pull all the way up in the line. I just drive around them and park right in front of them instead. But I usually make sure I am the first one there so I don't have to deal with stupid people.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just know when I volunteered late in the day as opposed to early I relished parking on the opposite side of the school (neither is in a street by the way its all its own campus sort of) so I could leave and bypass the whole pick up loop. I remember telling her kindergarten teacher I would help out EVERY afternoon to get out of the pick up line! :)
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's nuts, isn't it? I always park my car and walk them up to the school for drop off, and park my car and wait by the outside door for pick up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011