Does your crib have the changing station attached?

I am not far along yet and have plenty of time to make these decisions, but I really like this one particular crib. The Cape Cod from Sorelle: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4109595

I went to a store to check it out and the sales lady advised against it because babies apparently can climb up on there and get hurt.

What have your experiences been? Thanks!

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I do.
    Anonymous

• I don't but I just saw a really great crib online that had that & then it turned into a twin size bed & the attached changing station removed to become a night table. I would buy it in a minute but I already have a crib. I also think that as long as you consistently adjust the crib level as necessary then the child will not be able to climb up & if they can do that at the lowest crib setting then they could probably climb out of the crib themselves anyway & it's time to switch to a bed. GL

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't but I did look at them! They're cute!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We got a really basic crib and the floor was our changing table. My thought was that baby can't fall off the floor. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Honestly in my opinion the only thing the attatched changing table was good for was for my son's naps when he was a newborn. They are too low and they hurt my back. I'd just buy a cheap separate changing table with wheels because they tend to be higher up plus the wheels makes it portable so you only need one for a house. Personally though, I am building one that attaches to the wall and folds down when I need it and folds up and fastens to the wall when I don't need it.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011