I don't have a personal ID card.....

I heard that they require this when you sign your baby's birth certificate. Is that true?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 11:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't need an ID to sign my childs birth certificate however I did need one to get a copy of the birth certificate.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You don't sign your child's birth certificate. They put your name on there for you and you verify that it is spelled correctly. They get your name off the hospital records. No one signs a BC not even the father. There is nothing to sign unless your doing paternity acknowledgment but, that is still not the BC.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well then I guess it depends on where you deliver at.  I had to sign for all of my children.  Signing the paperwork IS signing the birth certificate. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• All I was ever asked for was my social security number and to spell out the name. My first born was over New Years and they actually let him leave the hospital as Baby Boy X and I was called from Records or whatever office a couple days later.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I didn't need one to sign birth certificate but I did to get admitted to the hospital.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I didn't need an ID to sign (I did sign) or to get admitted to the hospital.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• no u dont need it
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 10:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011