Doctors and boyfriends lol

this is just something silly that happened today when i went to kaiser

i fill out all the paper work and me and my fiance get put into a room with the ultrasound machine and all that stuff....on the white board the doctors name said Dr.Dale, my boyfriend got this jealous look on his face and i started to freak out a little bit thinking a man doctor would come in and look at me (they told me to take everything below the waist off) about 20 minutes after we start freaking out a lady doctor walks in and we both relax lol

has anyone had their SO get jealous because they think the doctors gonna be a man and he doesnt want any other guy to see you there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• um, no. it's not like a gyno or ob hasn't seen anything better than what i have to offer.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Nope my husband doesn't care if I have a man or a woman as a doctor.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my boyfriend was just a little uncomfortable since he's never had to do that before and he knew iv never had anyone else see there before so when he thought the doctor was a guy he got a little annoyed looking >.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• He does know how a baby works right? There will be several people seeing you "there" during birth.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Honestly, the Drs that delivered my kids were men, just the way it worked out. It's not anything personal or sexual about it, it's their job. So it didn't bother me or my dh. In fact, my dh was at many of my appts, and it never bothered him a bit. I guess because he knew that, to the Dr, it wasn't any different than if he was examining, say, my elbow or my tonsils. He was a "baby Dr", he's seen more than I can imagine, and really, while what I have might be "special" to me and my dh, to the Dr, it's really a matter of "just one more to examine in a long line of ones he's examined", kwim?

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I honestly would prefer a male doctor because I feel like they treat it more as a profession and I feel like a woman is judging me. Dh says he doesnt care whether its a man or woman, as long as I am comfterable
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well were only 18 and 19 so we were a little nervous about the whole thing and the doctor that came in explained everything to him so he should be relaxed next time, it was just something we wernt used to thats why it was just a silly day today
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it - and please don't think that my answer was meant in a snotty way or anything - it was just meant to reassure you that really and honestly, it's not a big deal to be examined by a male Dr like that.

I'm glad that the Dr was able to explain everything to you both and that you're more comfortable with the whole thing. And trust me, by the time your baby is born, you're not going to think twice about it. lol - as my mom used to joke, with the first, she was nervous, but by the time her 3rd was born, a man in a white coat walked in the room and she automatically dropped her pants and spread her legs ;-)

Man or woman, the important thing is to have a Dr that knows what they're doing, will explain things to you, and that you're comfortable with :-)

congrats on the baby, btw :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• thank you :) since i dont have my mom around to tell me all this stuff when i need to know its nice to come on here and ask stuff and since my boyfriend has never had to ask his parents he was just uncomfortable we both were >.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No, but my boyfriend does make fun of my OB
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2011