When you had a baby shower and made a registry, did people buy off of it?

...or did they just get whatever they wanted? Either way I'll be happy to get gifts! lol

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• I never had a baby shower for either of my boys I did make a baby registry just to give people an idea as to what we needed but my oldest was only 2 pounds 2 ounces when he was born so we ended up having to buy everything in preemie for him as it was
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• no they didn't, but what they picked out was pretty awesome :)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Some of both...the cool thing when you're a first time mom though is some of the stuff veteran moms get you that you don't even know you need! :)
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• A little from both. Sometimes I dont shop off the registry, I sometimes just use it to get an idea of what is needed
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My mom and one friend were the only ones to use my registry and I ended up with 3 bouncy seats lol!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• most everyone shopped off my registry, but no one gave the registry to the person at the register and had then scan the items off of it- so I had LOTS of duplicates.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I receive several gifts from the registry, but a lot of people bought outfits and diapers. I didn't care, it was sweet of them to get something for my little guy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes I got alot of the stuff I wanted especially the big stuff thanks to my aunt lol
    libas.mommy

Answer by libas.mommy at 12:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope. I didn't receive one single item off my registry for my second child. I think I received maybe 3 gifts total.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 3:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope. No one bought anything off my registry. It was fun pretending like I was going to get the stuff tho! I kinda figured I wouldnt get what I really wanted.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011