Christian advice please.

Do you ever struggle with doubt? If so, how do you get over the feeling of guilt afterwards?

I struggle with doubt on occassion and then when I realize what I'm doing, I feel SO GUILTY! I don't want Him to think I don't believe because I do.

*I am asking for advice from Christians ONLY because I don't need someone posting to try to tell me my beliefs are wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I begin to doubt I ask God to show me He is still here.... I will hear the song Jesus loves me or some one will call with a word of encouragement.....I never feel guilty-- that is a lie from the devil...I simply ask for strength and peace which passes all understanding I soon feel a calm come over me. When I am seeking God I find Him as He promises to never leave us nor forsake us.
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 2:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, this is normal. Just think of the story when Jesus walked on water and he wanted Peter to come to him (I'm not POSITIVE it was Peter...but you know the story?) anyway, Peter started to sink when he realized what he was trying to do. We're human so we doubt...I always admire the thought of being completely utterly trusting in the Lord and striving to just accept and be that way is true happiness..doubt can also be the devil trying to drag you down in that case just deny the devil the Lord gave us the power to do that in Jesus name. Your problem can be fixed just meditate and pray for strength
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You are not alone! Many good Christians have dealt with doubt and got over it. Just remember it's just the Devil up to his old tricks again!  And with Jesus on your side He can NEVER WIN!!! There is a great book you can read it's called "Maybe God is right after all"By Cynthia Heald. It's a GREAT BOOK. Good luck and God bless.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I THINK PRAYER HELPS ME.. YOU SHOULDNT FEEL GUILTY I FEEL ITS THE DEVIL TRYING TO PUT DOUBTS IN YOUR HEART. JUST PRAY AND GET INTO THE WORD MORE. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• God is certainly big enough to handle our doubts! I find it helps to surround myself with other believers, and spend time in the Bible. When we look, we see evidence of God everywhere!! I'll send up a prayer for you :)
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 1:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Of course there have been those times that we have struggled...don't let the guilt get to you sister. In those moments I spend much more time with my Bible, sing my praise songs LOUDER, pray a lot harder. I believe it is in our struggles when we lean on Christ that we grow deeper in faith with Him....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm not Christian but I will still answer... I won't tell you your belief is wrong. Doubt is normal, and the fact that you feel guilty means that your heart still believes it has a reason to be guilty -- which shows a belief. We (Moms and women) face a a lot of challenges. Feeling down about life, doubting good things in your life, feeling unworthy.. being a bit depressed - all natural human feelings. I would imagine your God knows how he made you. Think of your children - from day one they challenge and question you, they test your boundaries. It's human nature. Someday, if you're really lucky, they may come up to you and say "Thank you for putting up with me." If he's a father - he understands.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• LOL..the only people on Cafemom that will tell someone of another faith that they are wrong are Christians....I guess your asking the right group of people your question.
    Anonymous

• Remember, the Bible says to TRY the spirits. I realize I'm talking about warfare here, but the principle is the same. I agree with the others...we all have doubt at times. There have been times when I have said to God, "If you love me, then...." And the next thing I know, I have something come to me that could only come from HIM. A sign on the road passed at just the right time, the right song on the radio, you get the idea.

Like Serafyna said, God is our Father. He won't punish us just because we have doubts. He understands.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I always think about this verse when i start to doubt
    Hebrew 11 -1

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008