Would you rather....

be extremely poor, barely affording to put food on the table, living paycheck to paycheck and bills getting pushed back but having your SO/Spouse around everyday OR Living comfortably, have a savings account and financially secure but your SO/Spouse gone 90% of the year. This is assuming you have a great relationship with both scenarios!

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in

• Well I grew up poor, so I'm use to that. We're not rich, but also not poor as I was growing up, but I'm happily married and I'd rather my S/O be here w/me and my family. He was in the Marines for 4 yrs and 14 mos in Viet Nam, not much fun when your apart. Money CAN NOT buy love no matter what anyone says. My DD's IL's are loaded, and the MIL is one of the most miserable ladies I've met, and others feel the same way about her, not just me.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I hate to say it but sometimes money only brings you more problems...I would have to say be with my DH, when you poor (and I have been there) you come up with ways to make a meal stretch, Budgeting becomes part of life and you learn to live with less so you dont have as many bills....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd take the money. Lol Plenty to keep me happily busy with that scenario. Especially bc the relationship gets to stay happy! lol
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sorry but money isn't everything. I'd rather be with my DH.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Never really had money here. I guess I'm lucky right now. DH works from home, running his trucking company. Money's still tight, and if he went back to work it'd probably help, but honestly, he's here when I need him, and I get to go back to school, which is what I've wanted to do for years because he is home to be home with the children. I'd take love and companionship over money. I did it with him gone all the time, when he was driving, and though the bills werent a big deal, our relationship suffered a lot more when he was gone!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well Mine was the other way around we was living paycheck to paycheck and I never got to see him and now we are living comfortably and I get to see him more but Thats just us I love that I get to spend more time with him so whatever gets us more time with each other and our kids I will go for that.
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• barely making it would miss him too much> been there done that
    pse07

Answer by pse07 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'd take the money because I wouldn't want the stress of financial ruin on our marriage. I have a responsibility as does dh to provide for our children.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would choose having my husband around everyday. I'm an army wife, so I know what it's like raising the kids alone while he is deployed. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. My husband gives me more happiness than money.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 3:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I rather be well off
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011