Slimquick diet pills

Do they work?

Do they have terrible side effects?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No diet pill is without side effects. Most of them can lead to cardiac arrhythmias, which can become bigger problems. No only that, but as soon as you stop taking them, you gain back the weight you lost, plus more, because you've likely slowed your metabolism. You're much better off doing it the old fashioned way, exercise and permanent dietary changes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• diet pills are never a good idea! They teach you NOTHING about losing weight the right way. Plus, you're going to gain the weight back once you stop taking the pills.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Whatever you do to lose weight you have to do the rest of your life to maintain. Diet pills are akin to speed. It will only help you lose weight while you are on them.

I know how hard it is to lose weight, but theres no quick fix. I had lapband surgery this summer after battling weight most of my life, which is just a tool and not a quick fix either.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just want to lose weight within a few months...not just lije a major weight loss either. Just like 10-15 pounds and then stop. I maintain my weight well just can't lose it. I weigh 130 to 135 it fluctuates.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ok, but as soon as you stop the pills, you'll gain that back. You need to look at your diet and see where you can cut out a couple hundred calories a day, and add some exercise.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I tried a 1200 calorie diet. Another reason I want them is bc I have no energy to do nothin!!
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You need to eat small frequent meals throughout the day to keep your energy up and your metabolism revved. Eat lots of produce, lean proteins and whole grains. Are you drinking some of your calories? Juice, soda, bottled teas, etc are loaded with calories. If you choose the right foods, you don't have to starve yourself. Have you considered eating clean? It's all about eliminating processed foods from your diet, and cutting out the sugar as much as you can. It's made a huge difference for me. 50 lbs down so far.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have taken them and they didnt make me jittery or really gave me much energy, but I noticed that my temper was short and I was flying off the handle easily.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ,I have decided, I'm not goin to take them I'm going to try to eat right and do it the healthy way. bc either way I'm going to have to eat right and I don't eat bc I'm hungry I just eat bc I want to lol. Thanks musicpisces!! Maybe I can get into shape the right way
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I personally don't like diet pills, I am a member of Weight Watchers, you have to look at it as a lifestyle change and not as a diet. Eat fresh fruit and veggies and drink plenty of water and it should come off pretty easy without resorting to diet pills.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011