Would you be mad?

i have to go to school tomorrow but i cant sleep because my bf is being a dick and won't turn the radio down. ive asked him to turn it down and he just gets pissed (he's drunk for the 8th+ night). would you be mad if your bf/ hubby did this?

nikita91

Asked by nikita91 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I would be mad. I would get up and go & sleep on the couch.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Of course I would be mad! His ass would be out the door, if he had such little respect for me.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd be pissed. BUT is there a reason he's drinking so much? maybe not now, but in the AM, when he's sober, I'd try to talk to him. As for now, if you've got some ear plugs, a thick pillow or something, I'd find a way to try to drown out the radio and go to sleep. Talking to him, yelling at him, or trying to convince him to turn it down wont do anything but lead to an argument and harsh words when he's drunk. good luck!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would be livid! I would leave & go stay at a friends house for the night

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd be getting a new boyfriend.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i don't know anyone here except for my teacher lol and the couch is way to small to sleep on. and i have talked to him about it multiple times....have begged him for almost a week to not drink and he just won't stop. he doesn't understand why i want him to quit drinking and when i tell him why i don't like it he just says that its not a problem. and i cant kick him out because this is his house. and i can't go back to my home because its 7 hours away.
    nikita91

Comment by nikita91 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think I'd be more angry that he's been drunk for 8 nights in a row.

Sounds like he has zero respect for you. Have enough respect for yourself to kick him to the curb and find someone who has his fecal matter together.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 12:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My hubby sometimes watches tv for late but makes a point to turn off the volume:)
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• After he passes out, unplug the radio, then cut the damn cord. Bet that'll get your message across! It'd be a cold day in hell I'd tolerate that kind of disrespect. Sounds to me as if he is trying to sabotage you bettering yourself by going to school. Maybe he's afraid you'll leave him when you get a good career going. You cant give an alcoholic ultimatums; it doesnt work. You CAN however, remove yourself from the situation. There are plenty or organizations out there that will aid you in finding affordable housing. start checking your phone book, or ask around. You may not realize this, but the way he treats you when you're trying to sleep, is abuse. Drunk or not, it's abuse. Do you want to live the rest of your life with someone who blatantly disrespects you? I hope not. Respect yourself first, or no one else will.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2011